boracay, city guide, travel

boracay / inhale paradise, exhale reality

asam_4589-copy copythis is kinda like the second part of my trip to boracay, everything outside the beautiful resort i stayed in. so there’s no direct flight to boracay so you have to get on a different flight to kalibo or caticlan – the closest airport to the island. and then take the speedboat in.

then you get on one of these to the beach area.

oh all that fuss. but trust me, it’s totally gonna be worth it.

my innate desire to try new and exciting places tend to climax when i’m travelling because i know i only have so much time. jonah’s fruit shake & snack bar, known for their fruit shakes, was one of the recommendations that had lots of positive reviews by fellow travellers. but to be frank, i didn’t think it was much different than what we can get off the streets in bangkok. but hey, maybe it’s the view that counts right? ;)

cos every girl’s gotta do what she’s gotta do.

even better, the fifty shades of blue!

this was another highly recommended place – real coffee. it’s one of those places that makes you feel at home and have i stayed longer i know i’ll be here everyday for my brunch fix. plus it’s right off the beach. morning cup of coffee and brunch with a sea view? YES PLEASE!

tuna melt. yum yum.

tadaaa- the legendary calamansi muffin with real coffee! i knew right then that this was the reason we were sent here to boracay.

“when in rome, do as the romans do.”

*warning* cuteness overload. look at this cute pups with sand on his nose! arghhh #idie.

you know how i said unless you’ve tried the signature banana milk you can’t say you’ve been to korea? well, this is like that of the philippines – halo halo! it’s a very popular filipino dessert with shaved ice, evaporated milk, ice cream, fruits, jello, sweet beans, etc. reminded me a lot of bingsu.

the sad part about travel, i’m sure all my fellow travellers can relate, is that it’s bound to come to an end sooner or later. as much as we didn’t want to go back, reality was waiting for us back home. so in hopes to prolong our trip even by bit and to see a little more of the philippines we went to the mall of asia near central business park (i believe it was the closet mall to the airport).

we shopped around a bit and decided that it was only acceptable to end our trip with something we didn’t have back at home in bangkok. t.g.i. fridays!

i don’t even remember the name of the food i got but all i remember is that my stomach died of all that cheese.

annieways, this post is slightly outdated but it’s better than never, right? teehee. maraming salamat philippines. hope to be back soon!

• Reply [boracay] inhale paradise, exhale reality | Se-Persegi

[…] [boracay] inhale paradise, exhale reality. […]

September 6, 2014 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply [boracay] inhale paradise, exhale reality | Se-Persegi

[…] [boracay] inhale paradise, exhale reality. […]

September 6, 2014 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply [boracay] inhale paradise, exhale reality | Se-Persegi

[…] [boracay] inhale paradise, exhale reality. […]

September 6, 2014 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply aldilaas

“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer” << i love that quotes.. :))
    That beautyfull beach :' and i want to try melt tuna and that calamansi muffin, what make the muffin diferent? And so sorry for my uninfluence english :))

September 6, 2014 at 2:42 pm
    • Reply annie

hii aldilaas thanks for dropping by :) it’s one of my favourite quotes too! and you’ll have to try the muffin yourself to know the difference hehe :P and no, your english is fine! it’s not my first language as well so don’t worry :)

September 7, 2014 at 12:29 am
      • Reply aldilaas

Hope you will always to share your trips and share for us, thats might be lovely story :))

September 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm
  • Reply aldilaas

September 6, 2014 at 2:42 pm

September 7, 2014 at 12:29 am
      • Reply aldilaas

September 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm
  • Reply bblake10

Hey girl, awesome pics. Luv them!

September 6, 2014 at 9:22 pm
    • Reply annie

hii blake! thank you :) the picturesque scenes made it easy!

September 7, 2014 at 12:30 am
  • Reply bblake10

Hey girl, awesome pics. Luv them!

September 6, 2014 at 9:22 pm
    • Reply annie

hii blake! thank you :) the picturesque scenes made it easy!

September 7, 2014 at 12:30 am
  • Reply bblake10

Hey girl, awesome pics. Luv them!

September 6, 2014 at 9:22 pm
    • Reply annie

hii blake! thank you :) the picturesque scenes made it easy!

September 7, 2014 at 12:30 am

September 7, 2014 at 12:29 am
  • Reply luckybe4r

Beautiful pics of my motherland. The book in one of the pics is definitely beach material. Lol.

September 7, 2014 at 3:57 am
    • Reply annie

aw thank you luckybe4r! i’m glad you think so too :P haha!

September 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm
  • Reply luckybe4r

September 7, 2014 at 3:57 am
    • Reply annie

aw thank you luckybe4r! i’m glad you think so too :P haha!

September 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm
  • Reply luckybe4r

September 7, 2014 at 3:57 am
    • Reply annie

aw thank you luckybe4r! i’m glad you think so too :P haha!

September 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm
  • Reply Mitzie Mee

Beautiful pictures! I really must visit the Philippines someday! I’ve tried halo halo in Dubai. Can’t say that I liked it, but it looked really good:)

September 7, 2014 at 2:36 pm
    • Reply annie

i agree! very pleasant to look at but i’m not a very big fan of shaved ice.. :P i wish i had more time to explore the city though. maybe next time!

September 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm
  • Reply Mitzie Mee

September 7, 2014 at 2:36 pm

September 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm
  • Reply Mitzie Mee

September 7, 2014 at 2:36 pm

September 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm
  • Reply fabrizia

This place is a dream!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

September 8, 2014 at 1:55 am
    • Reply annie

it is isn’t it? looking at the pictures makes me feel wanderlust over and over again!

September 8, 2014 at 9:57 pm
  • Reply fabrizia

This place is a dream!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

September 8, 2014 at 1:55 am

September 8, 2014 at 9:57 pm
  • Reply fabrizia

This place is a dream!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

September 8, 2014 at 1:55 am

September 8, 2014 at 9:57 pm
  • Reply Feline Creatures

Hi Annie! Your trip looks so fun! The bingsu looks so scrumptious, is that taro-flavored ice? :) – Lena

September 8, 2014 at 10:42 am
    • Reply annie

hii lena! with taro flavoured ice-cream yes! :) it was good but i prefer my korean style bingsu more hehe.

September 8, 2014 at 9:56 pm
      • Reply Feline Creatures

Ah I love the Korean version! I’ve never had the original one as I’ve never been to Korea (but hoping to visit next Spring). There’s this place called Tous Les Jour in New York that has green tea flavored shaved ice. If you ever have a chance to stop it’s got a good selection of bingsu (though a tad Americanized) :) – Lena

September 8, 2014 at 10:33 pm
  • Reply Feline Creatures

September 8, 2014 at 10:42 am

September 8, 2014 at 9:56 pm
      • Reply Feline Creatures

September 8, 2014 at 10:33 pm
  • Reply Feline Creatures

September 8, 2014 at 10:42 am

September 8, 2014 at 9:56 pm
      • Reply Feline Creatures

September 8, 2014 at 10:33 pm
  • Reply katherinelou

Beautiful photos of Boracay! I’ve only been once and that was in 2007 so it was awhile ago! I’ll be heading to the Philippines next year in February and have been debating whether or not to go to Boracay! You might have convinced me since it looks like you had an amazing time!

September 9, 2014 at 3:43 am