chiang mai, city guide

chiangmai / glamping kinfolk style

campmeatingglamping, also known as luxury camping or glamorous camping, is that escape you’ve been meaning to take. it’s that little break from the hustle and bustle. it’s a moment by yourself in a secluded treehouse.”

we did just that. a much needed getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city life. we came across camp meating while searching for things to do in chiangmai and this kinfolk style glamping idea was honestly too hard to resist. we opted for dinner instead of a camp overnight because well, camping in nature means insects and i don’t get along with them too well. the “camp” lasts only till end of this month so make sure to look into here it if you happen to be in chiangmai this month!

camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang maiit’s located at the pack squadron of royal thai army base and the bbq set dinner is at 1,000 thb per person which i thought wasn’t too bad considering how adorable the entire camp was set up!

camp meating chiang maicamp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang maiso the night before the trip i was looking through my closet thinking what could be camp-appropriate and realized.. i. have. nothing. to. wear. girl’s worst nightmare, no? so i quickly looked through my fabric storage and found this denim fabric i kept for awhile and decided to quickly sew this up. if apron-look is considered camp-appropriate, i think i’ve passed.

camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang maihello? is it me you’re looking for?

camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai camp meating chiang mai“why is no one helping me?!”

camp meating chiang maishe’s a bully but i love her.

camp meating chiang maiglampingit was indeed one of the best nights of our trip to chiangmai. special thanks to you thanatta and your brother in law!

• Reply Monique | WritingMonique

Oh! The photos look like so much fun!

February 8, 2016 at 12:37 am
  • Reply Amy

Oh my god this looks amazing! Beautiful photos too. Looks like a brilliant experience!
    x
    Amy / AmySpires.com

February 8, 2016 at 1:35 am
  • Reply Deasy Noel

Sounds like so much fun! I would love to do a glamping trip, hehehe, especially with a couple of girlfriends.

February 8, 2016 at 1:40 am
  • Reply TIFF

This glamping is so much fun! Chiangmai has been on my list for the water lanterns festival in Nov and the zip lining! Love the idea of bbq and glamping out without sleeping with bugs x

Tiff

February 8, 2016 at 3:17 am
    • Reply annie lee

ohh the lantern festival should be really nice up there!

February 12, 2016 at 3:23 pm
  • Reply LindaLibraLoca

Even though I don’t mind the insects and really enjoy camping, I would love to try glamping some day soon.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

February 8, 2016 at 4:22 am
  • Reply sileas

Your denim dress looks super cute Annie!! I love outdoor BBQ and this event would be definitely my kind of thing. The setup is really nice, thanks for sharing those wonderful impressions! xx

February 8, 2016 at 4:28 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth Angelia

Wow, looks like so much fun! I love how your photos really show the feelings of those moments captured.

February 8, 2016 at 5:32 pm
  • Reply Mitzie Mee

You just “sew this up”?!? Annie, you never fail to impress me! I wish I could sew myself out of clothes crisis too:) The place looks fantastic and I can almost smell the barbecued meat from here. Food just tastes so much better in open air. PS: Regarding insects, I’m totally with you. I don’t even like camping in Denmark, where the most creepy things we have is mosquitoes:)

February 8, 2016 at 8:49 pm
    • Reply annie lee

nooo i get you – mosquitoes are quite terrifying too! lol and yes i agree with you that food tastes better in open air although i wish they had more lights so i could make sure i wasn’t accidentally eating any insects.. :|

February 12, 2016 at 3:21 pm
  • Reply Trang Do

Wow! Looks like you had so much fun!! Great photos!
    Xoxo,
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

February 9, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Hahaha “glamping” :D Your posts always make me smile Annie! Haha I think ‘glamping’ is right for me too! I can’t imagine actually camping (aka not being able to shower D: ) LOL! Loving the camp grounds, and everything just looks so lovely and magical! And yes! Your denim outfit is definitely camping appropriate :) Wishing you a great week ahead!

February 9, 2016 at 12:42 pm
    • Reply annie lee

waaaa thank you that made me feel much better about my apron look! lol

February 12, 2016 at 3:19 pm
  • Reply annika

Oh wow, this all looks and sounds so fantastically lovely!

February 9, 2016 at 6:00 pm
  • Reply gail

Glamping in Chiang Mai sounds fun ! I haven’t been there for like 10 years I think… But I love Mae Hong Son too :)

February 9, 2016 at 8:26 pm
    • Reply annie lee

i went there couple of years back but i feel like so much has changed! it’s very ‘hip’ now lol

February 12, 2016 at 3:19 pm
  • Reply Erica

Awww how fun! This looks like the best kind of cozy weekend ever. So much good food and good company… hope you had an amazing time lovely :)

Erica

February 10, 2016 at 5:38 am
    • Reply annie lee

yessss. cozy one indeed :) thanks for dropping by erica!

February 12, 2016 at 3:18 pm
  • Reply Christa L Sagmoe

Looks like such a fun time! ~ Christa

February 10, 2016 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Somin

I’m also not very attracted to the idea of sleeping with bugs and that’s why I’m not a huge fan of camping. But glamping is also very popular in Korea, and I bet they were made for people like us! I am in love with the vibe with the glamping site you went to, Annie! It looks so chill and vibey(?) With that said, my goal for 2016 is to go glamping in Korea. Yes.

February 10, 2016 at 10:47 am
    • Reply annie lee

i didn’t know it was big in korea! like where do they ‘glamp’? is it expensive? haha i would love to try the kr version when i’m there :P

February 12, 2016 at 3:17 pm
      • Reply Somin

I think they do it everywhere! I’m not sure how expensive it is, but I’m sure they have price options for different groups of glampers. I bet you’ll love it! :)

February 24, 2016 at 5:34 pm
  • Reply Anita

Wow, I love this! Def will try to go when I visit Chiang Mai!

February 10, 2016 at 1:18 pm
  • Reply Vicky

This looks like such a fun trip and love your denim dress look

Vicky

February 10, 2016 at 1:25 pm
  • Reply Marietta

Woooow, OMG I would have loved to be there!!! Your photos are stunning and full of atmosphere!

xx

Marietta

February 10, 2016 at 8:00 pm
  • Reply Nevena Krstic

Beautiful photos! It looks like you had an amazing time! I’d love to do this one day :) xx

February 12, 2016 at 2:34 am
  • Reply Waz

Everything about this post looks like it came right out of a Kinfolk magazine! Looks like you guys all had a great time, and I love that you threw together that adorable denim dress so quickly.

What’s funny is I’ve gone camping before, but never glamping, even though I don’t exactly consider myself an outdoorsy person. Glamping looks like much more fun. :P

February 16, 2016 at 5:13 am
  • Reply Gabe

Glamping!! new knowledge today hahaha glad u had amazing night in chiangmai and u are so lucky it only lasts till the end of Feb and u were there i wanna go tooo keep updating to-do-list in Thailand for us Annie love how u write ur blogs

February 17, 2016 at 4:22 am
  • Reply Sophie

So cool, just like my dream and i don’t even know this actually exists <3

xoxo, Best Bags For Women 2016

March 7, 2016 at 4:45 pm
    • Reply annie lee

i heard it’s becoming a trend in many parts of the world!

March 21, 2016 at 3:02 pm