city guide, seoul

seoul / a week at home away from home

koreaoct_4-checker-copywhen i was back in korea for a week last month it got me wondering (which doesn’t happen very often, btw) how my life would’ve turned out if my family never left korea to begin with. what i’d be doing this very moment. to be honest it never crossed my mind i will ever go back to korea for good but seeing some of my friends, a tck like myself, assimilating so seamlessly into their new life in korea got me wondering maybe it’s not as bad as everyone makes out..

obscure indeeeeed..

koreaoct_1 koreaoct_2 koreaoct_3 koreaoct_4 koreaoct_5너무 푸짐하고 맛있었던 오후정.

koreaoct_6 koreaoct_7 koreaoct_8이건 너무 춥잖아아아.

koreaoct_9 koreaoct_10 koreaoct_11oh haiii.

koreaoct_12브루클린더버거

koreaoct_13아기자기 이쁜 샵들이 많았던 서래마을.

koreaoct_14 koreaoct_15sparkle sparkle.

koreaoct_17 koreaoct_18 koreaoct_19 koreaoct_20배드파머스, 들어오자마자 건강해지는 느낌.

koreaoct_21 koreaoct_22 koreaoct_23 koreaoct_24 koreaoct_25 koreaoct_26we came a long way for you tiramisu latte.

koreaoct_27 koreaoct_28너무 일찍가 문안열어줬던 카페, one in a million.

koreaoct_29 koreaoct_30 koreaoct_31i was probably the only one in the entire country with exposed toes.

koreaoct_32 koreaoct_33 koreaoct_35 koreaoct_36i could’ve easily spent the whole day here at hyundai travel library.

koreaoct_37 koreaoct_38i wonder how my hair will look when i’m in my 60s.

koreaoct_39perfect coffee break before dinner at 정자동 cafe street.

koreaoct_40 koreaoct_41 koreaoct_42 koreaoct_43yes, i only brought one shoes.

koreaoct_44brunch with a view at 세상의 모든 아침.

koreaoct_45 koreaoct_46 koreaoct_47 koreaoct_48 koreaoct_49although it couldn’t compare, this pancake got me thinking of ricotta hotcakes from granger & co in london.. what i’d do to have that again!

koreaoct_50 koreaoct_51 koreaoct_53결혼하고싶어지는 venue.

koreaoct_54 koreaoct_55cafe trucks along the street of 여의도.

koreaoct_56 koreaoct_57 koreaoct_58 koreaoct_59koreans are so kind. IV for the tree and all.

koreaoct_60koreaoct_61 koreaoct_62korea have the coolest yogurt delivery carts. like no joke.

koreaoct_63 koreaoct_64 travel seoul제일 맛있었던 meal. 감사합니다.

koreaoct_66 koreaoct_67 travel seoul koreaoct_69possibly the best shot from this trip..

koreaoct_71koreaoct_70venturing out into the frigid morning…

koreaoct_73koreaoct_74

it’s been a long time and i feel like i say this every time i update a new post these days.. but seriously i’m realizing how valuable it is to have the luxury of time to be able to do what you genuinely love doing and the importance of finding the time to do that in the midst of all the craziness that life throws at you every. single. day.

• Reply Antonia

Your pictures are gorgeous as always. I love your closing!

November 21, 2016 at 12:25 am

Aww I’ve missed you Annie! <3 So happy there's a new post on your blog today. I remembered seeing photos of your trip to Korea on Instagram a little while ago, and I'm glad I got to see more from your travels on the blog! Loved the way you closed this post, and I understand you one hundred percent. Everyday, I can only wish for more hours in the day, so I can have more time to do the things that I love… I hope all is well with you Annie :)

November 21, 2016 at 12:51 pm
  • Reply sileas

Awww I love that photo of you in the hanbok! Living in Seoul has certainly some upsides. I love that city and hope to get back there soon… Your photos are capturing life at its best :)

November 22, 2016 at 4:52 pm
  • Reply Doreen's Style Diary

I missed your blog post. This looks like an amazing trip. It reminds me of when I went back home to visit a few years ago. Love the picture of you in a traditional outfit when you were little. So cute.

November 23, 2016 at 10:58 am
  • Reply Mitzie Mee

Every time you blog about Seoul, you make me want to visit. I really should go back soon. Btw is that crab topped with uni? And is that tree getting i.v. treatment?

November 24, 2016 at 1:10 pm
  • Reply Nevena Krstic

Beautiful photos! I’d love to visit Seoul one day! :) xx

November 26, 2016 at 11:40 pm
  • Reply Lena

Those words you said really resonated with me – “how valuable it is to have the luxury of time to be able to do what you genuinely love doing”. I feel like that’s how I am with my blog but given the urgency of other things in life (aka full-time job, family, Kobi, social life, etc), it’s so difficult to fully commit myself to writing, and writing good. That’s why when I saw your post I was so happy…I’ve missed you Annie!! How are you!! Looks like you’ve had a great time traveling to Seoul! I think I feel a connection with you from the get-go because both of our families are expats — mine moved from Beijing to Bangkok when I was 4. How old were you when you moved to Thailand? For me I don’t remember much about those first 4 years of my life, so sometimes I wonder the same thing, what would’ve been if my parents never left, where would I be now. But anyhow, sentiments aside, I’m so glad to see your happy travel posts. Keep up the good work hun! Much love~ xo Lena

November 29, 2016 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply Lena

November 29, 2016 at 1:37 pm
  • Reply Elisa

Love, love, love these photos, babe!
    I really enjoyed this post!
    xx Elisa
    DIY & LIFESTYLE BLOG

November 29, 2016 at 6:49 pm
  • Reply Vivian

Great pictures Annie! Your post makes me wanna go back to Korea! Really miss the food and the shopping paradise haha! Hope all is well with you! I took a social media break in order to get things done, but now I’m back :) Hope you’re having a lovely week so far! xo, Vivian

http://www.viviantse.net (formerly known as twoward.com)

November 30, 2016 at 9:19 pm
  • Reply Julie

Your photos are always stunning – you’ve got an amazing eye! I have heard so many great things about Seoul, I really need to get there..! I’m actually technically half Korean..!

December 1, 2016 at 4:20 pm
  • Reply Gabe

Nice :)

December 4, 2016 at 2:54 pm
  • Reply Waz

Looks and sounds like a wonderful trip to Seoul! It’s nice to get away for a while, and the food must have been amazing. Are there lots of veggie options for me? That photo of little Annie is so adorable! :D

December 9, 2016 at 7:24 am
  • Reply sophie

All the photos are so cool <3

xoxo, Best Wallets for Women and Men 2016

December 13, 2016 at 8:18 am
  • Reply Elif

Ah Seoul! <3 Your photos seriously make me want to go back, stat! Actually, I have been thinking about it a lot lately- going back to Korea and discover a little more would be a-mazing! Possibly that explains my sudden enthusiasm for teaching myself Hangul and the huge jar of kimchi I bought the other day haha!

January 24, 2017 at 2:58 pm