bangkok, city guide

riverside / samsara

bangkok_riverside_restaurant_samsarabangkok riverside restaurant samsara; people often misuse the term ‘hidden gem’ when it really should only be used for places like this. samsara, this place is a real hidden gem of bangkok and it literally is hidden. i was legit surprised to see that there were so many foreigners at this place despite the secluded location. without a doubt it’s no longer hidden from the travelers (as the price, too, will suggest) i have to admit it oozes that local, hole-in-the-wall kind of vibe that most travelers find fascinating.

bangkok_storybangkok_story bangkok_storysamsara opens at 5.00pm and because the world is coming to an end and there was no traffic in the city that day we had some time to kill. we went in to ‘bangkok story’ expecting nothing at all but the coffee turned out to be really, really nice. in a walkable distance to samsara, definitely drop by for a pre-dinner coffee.

bangkok_story samsara_riversideif you spot this pile of.. junk? you know you’re close.

samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riverside samsara_riversidesamsara_riversidesamsara_riverside samsara_riverside bangkok riverside restaurant samsara samsara_riverside bangkok riverside restaurant samsara samsara_riversidesure we have plenty of amazing riverside restaurants in bangkok city but i’d still say this is a rare find. make reservation to get the perfect spot by the river, watch the sun go down with a bottle of singha in hand (gin and tonic for my case) – so relaxing and comfortable that you might for a moment be mistaken to have dropped by a friends place for some homey dinner.

thank you jazz for recommending this place!

Your photos always have me envious :D Loving all of the places that you visited! And that cat is so adorable! <3 Really missed your blog posts Annie! Hope to see more of your posts again! <3

December 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm
  • Reply Julie

Ooh, good to know for when I head up to BKK!! Love all the cats featured in this post! ;)

December 6, 2016 at 1:47 pm
  • Reply Christa Sagmoe

Looks like the perfect place to relax after a long day. ~ Christa

December 6, 2016 at 7:46 pm
  • Reply Haiya

Oh wow they have a lot of cats don’t they? I’m loving the pictures, and those lotus chips are giving me major hunger pangs!

December 8, 2016 at 1:57 pm
  • Reply Waz

This place is so charming, and it does sound like a true hidden gem. And of course, I love all the cats in this post, haha. =^.^= That shot where you’re sitting by the water with your feet up feels so relaxing!

December 9, 2016 at 7:05 am
  • Reply Mitzie Mee

I heard about Samsara and it really looks like a place worth checking out next time I’m in BKK (if I can find it:)) Finding places like that is almost like going on a scavenger hunt. It reminds me of The Back Room in New York (though The Back Room has booze instead of coffee, waiting for the urban explorers):)

December 9, 2016 at 12:18 pm
  • Reply sileas

Hidden or not – the location by the river is fantastic. According to your photos it must a chilled oasis in the middle of the hustle-and-bustle!

December 12, 2016 at 11:36 pm
  • Reply sophie

So peaceful, i will come there next time i visit Bangkok <3

xoxo, Best Wallets for Women and Men 2016

December 13, 2016 at 8:17 am
  • Reply Millie

This looks amazing – I’ll definitely check it out next time I’m in Bangkok.

December 13, 2016 at 6:46 pm
  • Reply Lena

Truly is a hidden gem with the quaint decor and the amazing riverside view! I can’t wait to go back next year and visit all the amazing coffee shops that I have been “going to” via your blog posts. Hope you’re doing well Annie! Much love xo~ Lena

December 14, 2016 at 4:46 am
  • Reply alice

Love reading this.

Alice Cerea
    babywhatsup.com

December 15, 2016 at 6:37 pm
  • Reply Tiffany

This place looks amazing, I love the raw aesthetic of its interior and location. I’ve missed your posts, and the photos are pretty as always :) I’m definitely visiting this place if I ever get the chance to visit Bangkok!!

December 20, 2016 at 11:50 pm
  • Reply Cecilia

Wow your pictures are just amazing! You create a whole mood and great atmosphere just by making those photos – and sharing them. Thanks and greetings!

December 30, 2016 at 1:56 am
  • Reply Joyce

Ahhh I’m sad that I didn’t know about your blog when I had gone to Bangkok, Thailand! I now have to return & visit all the amazing places you blogged about :D This place looks so beautiful and hidden

Characters & Carry-ons