city guide, london, travel

winter wonderland

did i tell you how i almost died on my way to have shake shack in covent garden? well the story goes we got off at covent garden station and the place being super crowded and all we just followed the herd to the exit.. and little did we know it was to this petrifying stairs with 193 steps.

you might think eh, 15 storey building that’s a piece of cake. well, i was neither physically nor mentally prepared for this climb and it was a rather narrow staircase. i felt pressured by the people behind me and i had to keep going without stopping for a break. once i got out of the station i literally had to take my coat off, sit on the floor in the middle of the street, breath through inhaler and i genuinely thought to myself this. is. how. i’m. going. to. die. of heart attack. on my way to shake shack. in the middle of london city… 😔

i realized through this incident how unfit i am and made up my mind to start working out more regularly and eat clean and healthy…💪  then headed to shake shack for lunch.   or maybe all i needed was a little bit of burger in my system. 🤔

🍌

picked a wrong wrong day to come…

i think i may have ordered my coffee with zach galifianakis.

london during christmas season is everything.

and we were hereeeee. winter wonderland 🎄

bailey’s hot chocolate. yes please 🙋🙋

travel london travel londonthen ended the night seeing buzz and batman having a deep conversation about what the future holds of this world…

Hahaha I always love your travel posts! :) The sightseeing you do, the places you visit (especially the coffee shops), and all of the photos that you take – they’re all so magical :D Loved this recap of London, and oh my, I’m sure any normal person would be tired from 193 steps!! D: Hahaha I’m so glad you made it out ok, though! It actually sounds kind of scary!

February 10, 2017 at 1:06 pm
    • Reply annie lee

it was kinda scary.. maybe like REALLY scary. sounds like i’m exaggerating but i swear it was first time i felt like i was legit gonna die :| hahaha thank you for your sweet words elizabeth xx

February 18, 2017 at 10:23 am
  • Reply Sanne

Oh no Annie! You poor thing! (and sorry for laughing out loud when reading this). I hope the climb was worth it…I know it was, because ShakeShack is the best:)

February 10, 2017 at 5:22 pm
    • Reply annie lee

hahaha what wouldn’t i do for some shake shack right?

February 18, 2017 at 10:22 am
  • Reply Christa Sagmoe

I would have been the same way after all those stairs! Love all the pictures. You have a wonderful February too! ~ Christa

February 11, 2017 at 4:14 am
  • Reply Lena

What a wonderful trip! I love how the market has all the elements of winter wonderland — the glistening lights, children and parents in good cheer, and that big ol’ christmas tree!! Gosh I would love to visit there someday during the winter time…I’ll probably freeze my knickers off but hey it’s once in a lifetime experience in London so it’s all worth it! haha~. Btw any fun plans for V-day? I’m probably going out to dinner with some friends and catch a chick flick. Typical right? It’ll be even funnier if it was a christmas chick flick lol. Anyhow wishing you well Annie! Good to catch up with you, have a wonderful weekend ahead! :) xo~ Lena

February 11, 2017 at 12:06 pm
    • Reply annie lee

ohh i was so worried about the cold weather that i didn’t expect it to be so beautiful during the season! you should definitely go during christmas time. you will love it lena!! have a great weekend love!

February 18, 2017 at 10:21 am
  • Reply Gretch

Your post made me miss the holidays, already! This is an awesome photo set. You captured the ambiance of the place well in your photos. And, oh my goodness. The foods and drinks are too die for!

I’m sorry to hear about the stairs though.

– Gretch of GG Memochou

February 11, 2017 at 2:42 pm
    • Reply annie lee

thank you so much gretch!

February 18, 2017 at 10:20 am
  • Reply Marissa_Travel Greece, Travel Europe

Nice post. The holidays are always so wonderful in London! I was there back in November and loved it. It had been too long. Sorry bout those steps!

February 14, 2017 at 5:47 am
    • Reply annie lee

i don’t think i can ever have enough of the city!

February 18, 2017 at 10:19 am
  • Reply Hanna

Lovely photos, the atmosphere is amazing, hopefully it made you feel better about the stairs, 193 steps ;) ;)

February 14, 2017 at 6:54 pm
    • Reply annie lee

that christmas tree and shake shack definitely helped ;)

February 18, 2017 at 10:18 am
  • Reply sileas

Ahahaha I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw your caption about Zach Galifianakis – made my day 😂

February 14, 2017 at 9:22 pm
    • Reply annie lee

don’t they look so much alike? he might’ve been his brother or something i swear!!

February 18, 2017 at 10:16 am
  • Reply Sofia

Ahh you just brought me back memories of going up those same steps and nearly dying too. I’m not the fittest person on earth, but not the most unfit either, and boy was it tough!!!

February 14, 2017 at 10:25 pm
    • Reply annie lee

omg so you understand me ahhh i’m so relieved to hear that i’m not like crazy unfit haha!

February 18, 2017 at 10:15 am
  • Reply Noemi of Pinay Flying High

Oh no!!! I can imagine you in those stairs! I probably would feel the same way, maybe even worst. Shake Shack burger is a good way to make your feel better though, all the time. :)

February 16, 2017 at 3:01 am
    • Reply annie lee

hahaha it definitely helped!!

February 18, 2017 at 10:11 am
  • Reply pinayskattebasse

Covent garden + winter wonderland = must have been a lovely day. :) Poor you about the stairs. But it’s good with working with stamina. :) Glad you made it! xx

February 18, 2017 at 12:30 am
    • Reply annie lee

i guess you could say that hahah thank you!

February 18, 2017 at 10:09 am
  • Reply sophie

Every thought of you about London makes me want it so badly :( maybe i have to start planning now

xoxo, Best Wallets for Women and Men 2016

February 18, 2017 at 12:08 pm
  • Reply Waz

Hahaha, those stairs! Wow, and the sign even mentions that people with heart conditions should opt for the elevator. I don’t think I could handle the stairs either. XD Taking off your coat was definitely the right call, and at least you got to refuel on Shake Shack afterwards, hahah!

February 20, 2017 at 3:15 am