city guide, london, travel

things to do on a rainy day in london / tate modern, borough market, duck and waffle

rainy london… it’s funny how just because i was here about a year ago everything seemed way more natural this time around. i no longer felt that excitement of traveling to a place for the first time. i no longer felt the need to see the attractions. we just drifted around the city as our schedule allowed and it. felt. so. good.

but this particular day made me understand what it meant to be in a miserable weather of london. ah it was grey, it was sprinkling, it was so cold.

quick breakfast at starbucks. talking of starbucks i just finished “pour your heart into it” a book by howard schultz the ceo of starbucks and i learned so much about how starbucks became the starbucks of today. one quote that sticks to my mind:

“whatever you do, don’t play it safe. don’t do things the way they’ve always been done. don’t try to fit the system. if you do what’s expected of you, you’ll never accomplish more than others expect.”

tate modern

?? where did the artwork go?

ohhhh so rebellious.

this was my favorite section about photography.

what’s so funny about this place is that when i watch youtubers from the uk talk about wagamama they make it sound bomb. in contradiction, my asian friends who are in the uk studying or working always tell me how horrible the food is. i think i was more excited to try this place than anything else this trip and come on, i thought it wasn’t too bad 😋

the gentlemen baristas

annnnnd i was back at borough market. 🤗

i seriously kept buying coffee to keep my hands warm.

if i wasn’t planing to go to duck and waffle for dinner i probably would’ve devoured them. 😳

duck and waffle

goes to duck and waffle to not have duck and waffle. what an irony of life. 😂 all dishes were delicious but i’d say you’re paying more for the view and the ambiance.

cheers to the amazing night with an amazing person. 🥂

• Reply Richel V.

I’ve been hearing so much about London weather. Hope to experience it for myself soon. Love the photos you took inside the museum. xx

February 17, 2017 at 7:41 am
    • Reply annie lee

even bad weather is a good weather when in london ;)

February 18, 2017 at 10:10 am

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean about not being somewhere for the first time and being able to just follow your own flow and schedule! It feels amazing :D And London is definitely on the list of one of the places I need to visit! Loving that quote so much, thank you so much for sharing some inspiration Annie! <3 You made me really want to read that book too!

February 17, 2017 at 10:04 am
    • Reply annie lee

i think you will love it so much elizabeth!! give that book a try, if you love starbucks as much as i do :P

February 18, 2017 at 10:10 am
  • Reply sophie

Amazing post that can toatally give me the London feeling <3

xoxo, Best Wallets for Women and Men 2016

February 18, 2017 at 12:07 pm
  • Reply Tiffany

I actually haven’t visit duck and waffle, though I’ve always wanted to go!! And the night view seriously looks amazing. I’m so glad you came back to London, hope you had a great time. :) Next time when you’re here, we should meet for coffee!!

Tiffany x

February 18, 2017 at 10:07 pm
    • Reply annie lee

ohhh we should definitely do that, that would be so amazing!!

February 20, 2017 at 9:49 am
  • Reply Anett

Love your London pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Bella Pummarola

February 19, 2017 at 6:36 am
  • Reply Lena

Love how I can travel the UK via this post! Now you have me wanting to check out that quaint little cafe and the museum! Mmm and duck waffle sounds amazing, gosh I think my tummy just growled at the sound of that haha~. Hope you have a great week Annie! xo~ Lena

February 20, 2017 at 11:47 am
    • Reply annie lee

hahaha it’s the dangerous-est thing to read a blog post late at night lena. i always get that growl too.

February 22, 2017 at 9:27 am
  • Reply Yasmin

Wow that duck and waffle looks so fancy! Looks like an awesome time spent. Loved the overhead museum shots. And all that delicious food.

xx Yasmin

February 28, 2017 at 12:28 am
  • Reply sileas

Lovely snaps of a lovely city from a lovely lady :)

March 1, 2017 at 6:41 pm
  • Reply Nerissa | HejNerissa

Always thinking about visiting Duck & Waffle everytime I’m in London since I heard a lot of great reviews about it. Definitely will do in my future trip after reading your post! x

hejnerissa.com