bangkok, city guide

the jim thompson house and the story goes..

jim thompson house has been on the back of my head since i moved to thailand but for some very odd reason never got around to visiting up until couple of weeks ago when a friend who was visiting suggested we go see the museum.

located near national stadium bts station it’s in a short walkable distance to mbk, bacc and siam. if you’re trying to kill some time in the mall somewhere around, i would actually recommend you to pay the museum a visit!

jim thompson houseentrance fee is 150 baht and you must join the tour which rotates i believe it was about every 30 minutes or so.

jim thompson housejim thompson if you haven’t already heard of, is most well known for its silk products. it was through this tour that i got to learn more about the background of how jim thompson, an american business man, came to be one of the biggest name in the industry shortly after the second world war and the tragic and mysterious end to his life.

jim thompson house jim thompson house unfortunately you’re not allowed to take photos during the tour. it was a unique experience where looking around jim thompson’s house and his collections, you could actually feel the passion he had towards thailand and various cultures and art of neighboring countries. and the way his life supposedly ended made me realize, you never know what will happen tomorrow so never take today for granted!

google map – jim thompson house

open monday-sunday 9.00-18.00

🙏

• Reply Keri

Wow, this is really neat! I would love to go here

Enclothed Cognition

March 20, 2017 at 8:29 pm
  • Reply Vicky

I love visiting museums too because there’s always so much to see and learn. It’s too bad I’m too far to visit this one. Looks like you had a lot of fun though! Have a great day :)

Vicky

March 21, 2017 at 11:51 pm
    • Reply annie lee

it sure is! i’m sure there are a lot of interesting museums to visit in every country :)

March 26, 2017 at 10:16 pm

I love museums like these! :) There’s a really famous house-turned-museum in LA as well (called the Huntington Gardens), so if you’re ever here in California, Annie, I think you’ll definitely love it as well <3 Loving the beautiful shots and hope you had lots of fun! And totally agree with your sentiments at the end – we never know what will happen tomorrow, so we should definitely cherish every day!

March 22, 2017 at 8:36 am
    • Reply annie lee

huntington gardens, i will definitely note that down right now :D oh… i think you might’ve just ignited my cali-wanderlust all over again elizabeth… lol

March 26, 2017 at 10:15 pm
  • Reply sonia // daring coco

Wow. I’ve never heard of this man or any of his creations so I am intrigued! I can only imagine the vibrancy of such a museum. It must be so wonderful.

Sxx

March 22, 2017 at 4:09 pm
    • Reply annie lee

how his life came to be in thailand is indeed very interesting!

March 26, 2017 at 10:14 pm
  • Reply Falasha

Gorgeous colors, I would love to visit!

xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion
    Instagram| Bloglovin’| Facebook

March 22, 2017 at 10:21 pm
  • Reply Sophie

I had heard of this but didn’t have a chance to visit it when i cam to Bangkok <3

xoxo, Best Wallets for Men 2016

March 27, 2017 at 9:15 pm
  • Reply Mitzie Mee

I’ve wanted to visit Jim Thompson’s house for such a long time, but every time I decide to go, something gets in the way. Will try to make it when I’m visiting Bangkok later this month. I’ve heard they sell beautiful silk scarves too?

April 6, 2017 at 1:58 am