bangkok, city guide

shopping guide: mbk center in bangkok

mbk is like doraemon’s pouch where you can literally find anything you’re looking for. from knockoff designer bags to t-shirts with a picture of a duck peaking out of a man’s shorts, you name it. for most of the locals here, mbk is probably the last place that comes to mind when you want some shopping done. it’s a very tourist-oriented mall but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some fun and unique things to discover.

electronics and gadget

one entire floor dedicated to electronics from second-hand mobile phones, gadgets, phone cases to even ‘good looking’ phone numbers – i gotta be honest, this is probably my favorite section of the mall. mbk shopping mallluxury goods

be it gucci, chanel, michael kors, well literally any brand that exists in this planet – you can find it here just at a fraction of a price 😉  just don’t complain when a c happens to be missing from guccimbk shopping mallcosmetics

like how do they even look so real? but i wouldn’t recommend putting them on your face… or any part of your body for that matter. you know, just to be on the safe side.

mbk shopping mallfashion staples

i mean elephant pants and leo tank tops. need i say more?mbk shopping mallscrumptious thai snacks

oh i think i may have lied earlier, this has to be my favorite section.mbk shopping mallunique souvenirs

but if you look carefully enough you will realize that there are some amazing finds you can take back as souvenirs.mbk shopping mallopen daily from 10.00 to 22.00

paragon, emporium, central and countless other department stores in bangkok are obviously the smarter choice if you want to shop from a legit mall but i’d recommend you give mbk a try – it’s really a fun place to be lost in. so many stuff and to be fair not everything is a knockoff.

happy shopping, everyone!

🤑

• Reply Mitzie Mee

Yes MBK is really a tourist magnet! Before I added MBK to my Bangkok shopping guide, I would get emails from people (tourists) questioning my Bangkok knowledge because how could I NOT include their favorite mall in the world:) Wouldn’t dare to buy the counterfeit make-up either.

May 9, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Hahaha always love your quirky sense of humor Annie! <3 :) LOL the clothing, accessories, and makeup kind of reminds me of Chinatown in Los Angeles haha! But we definitely do not have such delectable treats like they have in Thailand! :D I really do need to hurry and visit! Hopefully soon, since I'm saving up my vacation days at work!

May 9, 2017 at 12:18 pm
  • Reply Eena

“Don’t complain when there’s a missing c in gucci” haha! This made my day. There’s actually several places similar to this one in the Philippines, back when I lived there! Pretty cool place to shop at :D

cabin twenty-four

May 10, 2017 at 3:43 am
  • Reply Julie

I need to hit up BKK asap. It’s been so long since I’ve been – could use some retail therapy… Fake Goyard bag, anyone? Hehe

May 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply Kim

I love your comparison to Doraemon’s pocket! So cute! Man, I would be really overwhelmed with all the shopping! I’d want to buy everything!

Kim
    Simply Lovebirds

May 12, 2017 at 10:40 pm
  • Reply Joyce

Ooh this reminds me of the multi-level shopping malls in China! I wouldn’t really go after the skincare like you warned but the food looks mouthwatering and the unique souvenirs look perfect to remember Thailand :)

Characters & Carry-ons

May 16, 2017 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply Tiffany

MBK sounds interesting, and my favourite part would probably be the snack section as well. This place looks a bit like the small malls in Taipei, reminds me a bit of home :)

Tiffany

May 17, 2017 at 2:40 am
  • Reply Lena

hehehe~ i miss MBK so much! I remember when I was younger we would always go to that Siam/MBK area and just walk around, indulging in yummy streetfood and checking out these knick knacks. Sigh, you make me miss BKK so much! BTW I might be going back in August for a friend’s wedding, will you be around? If so I hope we get to hang out! It’s been so long since I went back hehe~ have a great weekend ahead Annie! xo~ Lena

May 20, 2017 at 4:02 am